bookstar

Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing #7

I explored just about all of the links you shared on Google. The two that I especially liked were Google Alerts and Google Scholar. Teachers can use Google Alerts with their students when they want to find up-to-the-minute information on topics they are studying in class. The 2nd grade teachers do a unit on weather phenomena and I think this would be a great site to use to find out about natural disasters occurring in the world bringing the topic to life for students. Google Scholar is good for older students who need to find articles related to their topic. Unfortunately, I was only able to access an abstract of the article I was looking for. Google Earth takes up way took way too much space on the harddrive. I had to remove it right away, but it's really cool to look up places and I know the students really like using it.

No comments: